|FLOUR, WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE||3-cups|
|MILK, NONFAT, DRY||2-Tbsp.|
- Sift together flour, milk, baking powder, and salt into mixer bowl.
- Blend shortening at low speed into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add water; mix at low speed only enough to form soft dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured board. Knead lightly 1 minute or until dough is smooth.
- Roll or pat out to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Cut with 2-1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter.
- Drop dough on top of simmering stew or into shallow simmering stock.
- Cover; cook 15 minutes. DO NOT remove cover during cooking time.
- Shallow simmering stock should not be more than 1 inch in depth.