Banana Bread or Banana Muffins
- Stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- muffin tin liners
- 8 x 4 1/2 x 2-3/4 loaf pans
- Parchment paper
- 7 cups FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 2 cups SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1/2 cup MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 3 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
- 1-1/4 tsp SALT
- 2-1/2 cups WATER WARM
- 5 EGGS WHOLE
- 1 cup APPLESAUCE CANNED, UNSWEETENED
- 1/2 cup OIL SALAD
- 1 ½ cups BANANA FRESH, MASHED
- COOKING SPRAY BAKER’S, NONSTICK
- In mixer bowl, sift together flour, sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Add warm water, eggs, applesauce, and salad oil; mix at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened about 15 seconds; scrape down sides and bottom of mixer bowl; continue to mix at low speed another 15 seconds. DO NOT OVER MIX. The batter will be lumpy.
- Mash bananas. Mix into batter for 15 seconds.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper and lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into 10 x 5 sprayed loaf pan. Fill loaf pan ⅔ full.
- Banana bread: Using a convection oven bake at 325° F 70 to 75 minutes use cake tester to check for doneness.
- Let cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pans.