Yield 20 cups Portion 1 Cup
1 Lb BEEF, DICED, LEAN, RAW
6 quarts BEEF BROTH
1 cup CARROTS, FRESH, SLICED
½ cup CELERY, FRESH, CHOPPED
½ cup ONIONS, FRESH, CHOPPED
pinch PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
2 BAY LEAF, WHOLE, DRIED
1 ¼ cup BARLEY, UNCOOKED
1 Tbsp OIL, SALAD
- Dice beef into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook diced beef in hot oil in stock pot until browned.
- Prepare beef broth according to beef base package directions or canned beef broth.
- Add beef broth, beef, carrots, celery, onions, pepper, and bay leaves to stock pot.
- Cover; bring to a boil. Add barley.
- Cover: Simmer until barley is tender.
- Remove bay leaves.