BLUEBERRY MUFFINS / QUICK BREAD
Servings 2 loaves
- Stand mixer
- 10 x 5 loaf pans
- 7 cups FLOUR WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE
- 2 cups SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1/2 cup MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 3 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
- 1-1/4 tsp SALT
- 2-1/2 cups WATER WARM
- 5 EGGS WHOLE
- 1 cup APPLESAUCE CANNED, UNSWEETENED
- 1/2 cup OIL SALAD
- 2 ½ cups BLUEBERRIES CANNED, DRAINED
- COOKING SPRAY BAKER’S, NONSTICK
- In mixer bowl, sift together flour, sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Add warm water, eggs, applesauce, and salad oil; mix at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened about 15 seconds; scrape down sides and bottom of mixer bowl; continue to mix at low speed another 15 seconds. DO NOT OVER MIX. Batter will be lumpy.
- Rinse blueberries drain well. Fold into batter.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper and Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into each 10 x 5 sprayed loaf pan. Fill loaf pan ⅔ full.
- Quick bread: using a convection oven, bake at 325 F 70 to 75 minutes. Let cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pans.
In Step 3, 1 lb / 2 ½ cups blueberries, frozen, IQF, thawed, may be substituted.