Yield: 12 rolls
12 g YEAST, INSTANT, DRY
310 g WATER, COLD 40° F.
50 g SUGAR, GRANULATED
7 g SALT
500 g FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD
25 g MILK, NONFAT, DRY
60 g SHORTENING, SOFTENED
¼ cup MILK AND WATER WASH
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. until double in bulk.
- SCALE: 12- 80 g pieces.
- Shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 10 to 20 minutes.
- Shape 80 g pieces of dough into balls by rolling with a circular motion on worktable.
- Place on 2 greased ¼ sized sheet pans in in 2 rows of 3.
- When half-proofed, flatten with hand or small can to about 1/2-inch thickness and 4-inch diameter, brush with Milk Wash. Sprinkle on seeds, sesame, poppy, everything bagel, etc.
- Proof at 90 F. until double in bulk.
- Bake in 350 F. convection oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temp of 195 to 200°
- Water and Milk wash 2 tsp NFDM ¼ cup water.
- Whole skim or 2% can be used in place of Water and milk wash.
- Use a small spray bottle and lightly spray each bun sprinkle with toppings.