Portion 1 Slice
4 EGGS, WHOLE
3 ½ cups FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
2 tsp SALT
1 ½ tsp BAKING POWDER
2 tsp BAKING SODA
1 tsp CINNAMON, GROUND
1 tsp ALLSPICE, GROUND
1 tsp NUTMEG, GROUND
1 tsp CLOVES, GROUND
3 cups SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 cup OIL, SALAD
¼ cup WATER
½ cup NUTS, UNSALTED, CHOPPED, COARSELY
½ cup RAISINS, PACKED
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Blend flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves together in separate bowl.
- Beat eggs in mixer bowl at medium speed 3 minutes or until lemon colored.
- Add flour mixture, sugar, salad oil, pumpkin, water, nuts, and raisins to beaten eggs.
- Beat at low speed about 1/2 minute. Beat 1 minute or until well blended. DO NOT OVER BEAT. Batter will be lumpy.
- Lightly spray 2 8 x 4 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Pour equal amount of batter into each sprayed pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. about 60 minutes or until done on low fan, open vent. Let cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool thoroughly; wrap in waxed paper; store overnight before slicing.