WHITE SANDWICH BREAD
8 G YEAST, INSTANT, DRY
420 G WATER, COLD 40 degrees F
30 G SUGAR GRANULATED
14 G SALT
21 G MILK, NONFAT, DRY
700 G FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD 12.7% PROTEIN
35 G SHORTENING
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add cold water slowly.
- Using dough hook, mix at low speed 1 minute or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; mix at low speed 1 minute.
- Add salt.
- Continue mixing at medium speed 10 to 12 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. for 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- PUNCH: Scale into 2- 600 G pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 12 to 15 minutes.
- MAKE UP: Mold each piece into an oblong loaf; place each loaf seam-side down into lightly greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ (1-pound pan) pan.
- PROOF: At room temp approx. 70° until dough is 1 inch above pan’s rim.
- BAKE: Using a convection oven, bake at 375 F. 21 minutes or until done. Internal temp 195 -200°F