27 grams YEAST, INSTANT, DRY
703 grams WATER, COLD*
50 grams SUGAR, GRANULATED
22 grams SALT
31 grams MILK, NONFAT, DRY
5 grams CINNAMON, GROUND
5 grams FLAVORING, LEMON
1200 grams FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD
60 grams SHORTENING, VEGETABLE, MELTED
454 grams RAISINS
WATER, COLD 40°F.
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- Soak raisins in 1-quart lukewarm water 15 minutes. Mix at low speed 1 minute.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in a warm place, 80 F. for 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- PUNCH: Fold sides into center and turn dough completely over. Let rest 20 minutes.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4-600-gram pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 10 minutes. Mold each piece into a loaf; place each loaf into lightly greased 9×4-1/2×2-3/4 bread pan.
- PROOF: At 90 F. to 100 F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until double in bulk.
- BAKE: If convection oven is used, bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until done on high fan, closed vent.
- Prepare Syrup Glaze, (optional). Brush top of each loaf with hot Syrup Glaze. When cool, slice (about 1/2 inch thick).
132 grams SYRUP, CORN
60 grams WATER
- Combine syrup and water. Bring to a boil; boil about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Brush warm glaze over rolls or coffee cakes immediately after baking.