CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
Servings: 4 LOAVES
- 7 - 8-quart Stand mixer
- DOUGH HOOK
- digital scale
- 4 1 POUND LOAF PANS
- 27 grams YEAST INSTANT, DRY
- 703 grams WATER COLD*
- 50 grams SUGAR GRANULATED
- 22 grams SALT
- 31 grams MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 5 grams CINNAMON GROUND
- 5 grams FLAVORING LEMON
- 1200 grams FLOUR WHEAT, BREAD
- 60 grams SHORTENING VEGETABLE, MELTED
- 454 grams RAISINS
- WATER COLD 40°F.
- 132 grams SYRUP CORN
- 60 grams WATER
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- Soak raisins in 1-quart lukewarm water 15 minutes. Drain, pat dry. Mix at low speed 1 minute.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in a warm place, 80 F. for 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- PUNCH: Fold sides into center and turn dough completely over. Let dough rest 20 minutes.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4-600-gram pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 10 minutes. Mold each piece into a loaf; place each loaf into the lightly greased 9x4-1/2x2-3/4 bread pans.
- PROOF: At room temperature minutes until the dough is one inch higher than the rim of the loaf pan.
- BAKE: If convection oven is used, bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until done.
- Prepare Syrup Glaze, (optional). Brush top of each loaf with hot Syrup Glaze. When cool, slice (about 1/2 inch thick).
- SYRUP GLAZE
- Combine syrup and water. Bring to a boil; boil about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.Brush warm glaze over rolls or coffee cakes immediately after baking.