16 G YEAST, INSTANT, DRY
870 G WATER, COLD*
56 G SUGAR GRANULATED
28 G SALT
40 G MILK, NONFAT, DRY
1400 G FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD 12.7% protein
60 G SHORTENING, VEGETABLE, MELTED
*WATER, COLD 40°F
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add melted shortening; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. until double in bulk.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4- 600 G pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 15 minutes. Mold each piece into an oblong loaf; place each loaf seam-side down into lightly greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ (1-pound loaf pan) pan.
- PROOF: At room temp approx. 70° until dough dome is 1- ½ inch above pan’s rim.
- BAKE: Using a convection oven, bake at 375 F. 20 minutes or until done, 400°F in regular oven21-25 minutes. Internal temp 195 -200°F
ADY can be used in place of Instant yeast just proof it with a little warm water from the total amount of water.