White loaf bread
Four beautiful loaves of white sandwich bread
Servings: 4 loaves
- 7 - 8-quart Stand mixer
- 4 Bread Loaf Pan - 9" x 4 1/2" x 2 3/4"
- Proofing bucket 8 Qt. Clear Square Polycarbonate Food Storage Container
- Scale Digital
- 16 G YEAST INSTANT, DRY
- 870 G WATER COLD*
- 56 G SUGAR GRANULATED
- 28 G SALT
- 40 G MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 1400 G FLOUR BREAD 12.7% protein
- 60 G SHORTENING VEGETABLE, MELTED
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add melted shortening; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- The dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. until double in bulk.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4- 600 G pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 15 minutes. Mold each piece into an oblong loaf; place each loaf seam-side down into lightly greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ (1-pound loaf pan) pan.
- PROOF: At room temp approx. 70° until dough dome is 1- ½ inch above pan’s rim.
- BAKE: Using a convection oven, bake at 375 F. 20 minutes or until done, 400°F in regular oven21-25 minutes. Internal temperature 195 -200°F
- If the dough is shaggy add water 1 tbsp at a time until the dough is smooth and elastic
- ADY can be used in place of Instant yeast just proof for 5 minutes with a little warm water from the total amount of water.
- *Water should be 40 degrees F +/- 5 degrees