Yield 18 X 13” Sheet pan Portion 1 brownie
2 ¾ C FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
3 C SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 ¾ C COCOA
2 tsp BAKING POWDER
¾ tsp SALT
1 ⅔ C SHORTENING
5 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
1 ½ C SYRUP, CORN
1 ½ tsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
1 ¾ C NUTS, UNSALTED, CHOPPED, COARSELY
½ oz COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in mixer bowl; blend well at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add shortening, eggs, syrup and vanilla to dry ingredients. Mix at low speed for 1 minute then scrape down bowl. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes or until thoroughly blended.
- Add nuts to batter; mix at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Lightly spray 18 X 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in sprayed pans.
- Using a convection oven, bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done at 325 F. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center of baked brownies comes out clean.
- Cool and cut.