Yield 4 one-pound loaves
Weight in Grams
18 g YEAST, ACTIVE, DRY
140 g WATER, WARM
742 g WATER
50 g MILK, NONFAT, DRY
119 g SUGAR, GRANULATED
28 g SALT
770 g FLOUR, WHEAT, BREAD
630 g FLOUR, WHOLE WHEAT
82 g SHORTENING, SOFTENED
14 g VINEGAR, WHITE, DISTILLED
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water, vinegar slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed 5 minutes.
- Dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. until double in bulk.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4- 600 G pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 15 minutes. Mold each piece into an oblong loaf; place each loaf seam-side down into lightly greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ (1-pound pan) pan.
- PROOF: At room temp approx. 70° F. until dough dome is 1- ½ inch above pan’s rim.
- BAKE: Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. 30 to 35 minutes or until done, 375°F in regular oven35 to 40 minutes. Internal temp 195 -200°F