Whole Wheat Bread
Servings: 4 loaves
- Stand mixer 7 -8 quart
- Loaf pans 8 x 4 ½
- digital scale
- Bench knife
Weight in Grams
- 18 g YEAST ACTIVE, DRY
- 140 g WATER WARM
- 742 g WATER
- 50 g MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 119 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 28 g SALT
- 770 g FLOUR BREAD 12.7% PROTEIN
- 630 g FLOUR WHOLE WHEAT
- 82 g SHORTENING SOFTENED
- 14 g VINEGAR WHITE, DISTILLED
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, salt, and NFDM in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add the water and vinegar slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, for 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour.
- Add shortening; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- The dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set in warm place, 80 F. until double in bulk.
- MAKE UP: Scale into 4- 600 G pieces; shape each piece into a smooth ball; let rest 15 minutes. Mold each piece into an oblong loaf; place each loaf seam-side down into lightly greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ (1-pound pan) pan.
- PROOF: At room temp approx. 70° F. until dough dome is 1- ½ inch above pan’s rim.
- BAKE: Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. 30 to 35 minutes or until done, 375°F in regular oven35 to 40 minutes. Internal temperature 195 -200°F