YIELD 3 9” PIES
- 3 PIE CRUST
- 15 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
- 1 ¼ lb SUGAR, GRANULATED
- 3 oz BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 qt. CORN SYRUP, LIGHT
- 1 Tbsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
- 1 ¼ tsp SALT
- 10 oz PECANS, CHOPPED
- PREPARE AND DIVIDE DOUGH: Prepare 1/2 recipe Pie Crust. Wrap dough in cling wrap, chill at 40 degrees for 1 -2 hours. Divide dough into 3-7-1/2 oz pieces for bottom crust, place on lightly floured board. ROLL DOUGH: Sprinkle each piece of dough lightly with flour; flatten gently. Using a floured rolling pin, roll lightly with quick strokes from center out to edge in all directions. Form a circle 1 inch larger than pie pan and about 1/8 inch thick. Shift or turn dough occasionally to prevent sticking. If edges split, pinch cracks together. BOTTOM CRUST: Fold rolled dough in half; carefully place into ungreased pie pan with fold at center. Unfold and fit carefully into pie pan, being careful not to leave any air spaces between pan and dough. REMOVE EXCESS DOUGH: Trim overhanging edges of dough by using a knife or spatula. (Incorporate excess dough into next crust, if needed.) There should be little excess if skill is used in weighing and rolling dough.
- Place eggs in mixer bowl; add sugar gradually while beating at low speed. Add butter or margarine; mix thoroughly.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla, and salt; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Place 3/4 cup pecans into each unbaked pie shell.
- Pour 2-3/4 cups filling over pecans in each 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F. for 35 minutes or until filling is set. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Trina and Tina said:
Oh so yum!