Servings: 8 servings
- Stand mixer
- cake pans 9-inch
- measuring cups and spoons
- cooking rack
- 3 c FLOUR WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE
- 3 c SUGAR GRANULATED
- ¾ c COCOA
- 4 tsp BAKING SODA
- 1 tsp SALT
- 1 c OIL SALAD
- 3 tbsp VINEGAR DISTILLED
- 1 Tbsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 3 cup 1Tbsp WATER
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Preheat convection oven to 325° F.
- Lightly spray two 9-inch-round cake pans with baker’s non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottoms with parchment rounds.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a medium bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the cocoa mixture in a steady stream until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, turn the cakes out onto the racks to cool completely.
- Remove the parchment.
- Frost if desired.