4 c FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
2 1/2 c SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 ½ tsp SALT
¾ tsp BAKING POWDER
6 tbsp MILK, NONFAT, DRY
1 ½ c SHORTENING
1 c WATER
6 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
3 ¼ tsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
3 ¼ tsp JUICE, LEMON,
2 ¼ tsp LEMON RIND, GRATED
3 ¼ tsp FLAVORING, LEMON
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Preheat convection oven 325 degrees.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each.
- Sift together flour, salt, gradually add flour 1/2 cup at a time, until all blended.
- Add lemon juice, rind and flavoring to cake mix
- Lightly spray tube pan with non-stick baker’s spray
- Pour batter into sprayed and floured pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until done until toothpick in center comes out clean.