Yield 12 Portion 1 Biscuit
3 c FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
2 Tbsp MILK, NONFAT, DRY
2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
1 tsp SALT
4 Tbsp SHORTENING
¾ cups WATER
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Sift together flour, milk, baking powder, and salt into mixer bowl.
- Blend shortening at low speed into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add water; mix at low speed only enough to form soft dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured board. Knead lightly 1 minute or until dough is smooth.
- Roll or pat out to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut with 2-1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter. Place 12 biscuits on each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
For browner tops: In Step 1, add 1 Tbsp granulated sugar to dry ingredients.
Buttermilk powder can be substituted for NFDM.