3 lb BEEF, DICED, LEAN, RAW
6 oz ONIONS, FRESH, CHOPPED
5 c WATER
3 c JUICE, TOMATO, CANNED
1 Tbsp SALT
¼ tsp PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
½ lb CARROTS, FRESH, SLICED
1 lb POTATOES, FRESH, DICED
¼ c FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
¼ c WATER
BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
- Cook beef and onions in a heavy sauce pot about 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomato juice, salt, and pepper to meat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover; simmer 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Add carrots; cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cover; simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and water; add to meat and vegetable mixture while stirring; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place mixture in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Prepare 1 recipe Baking Powder Biscuits. Place biscuits on top of hot mixture in each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 400 F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.