BEEF POT PIE
- Sauce pot
- Baking pan 9 x 13
- 3 lb BEEF DICED, LEAN, RAW
- 6 oz ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- 5 c WATER
- 3 c JUICE TOMATO, CANNED
- 1 Tbsp SALT
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- ½ lb CARROTS FRESH, SLICED
- 1 lb POTATOES FRESH, DICED
- ¼ c FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- ¼ c WATER
- BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
- Cook beef and onions in a heavy sauce pot for 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomato juice, salt, and pepper to meat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover; simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Add carrots; cover; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cover; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and water; add to meat and vegetable mixture while stirring; simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place mixture in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Prepare 1 recipe Baking Powder Biscuits. Place biscuits on top of hot mixture in each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 400° F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.