Yield – 2 – 9inch layers
4 ½ c FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
2 ¼ c SUGAR, GRANULATED
½ tsp SALT
2 tbsp BAKING POWDER
1/3 cup MILK, NONFAT, DRY
14 tbsp SHORTENING
1 ¼ c WATER
4 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
1/3 c WATER
1 tbsp EXTRACT, BLACK WALNUT
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk into mixer bowl.
- Add shortening and water to dry ingredients; beat at low speed 1 minute until blended. Scrape down bowl; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs, water, and Black walnut. Add slowly to mixture while beating at low speed about 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into each sprayed and floured pan. Spray paper cups for cupcakes fill cups ⅔ to ¾ full.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cupcakes: Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until done
Cool; frost if desired.