BLACK WALNUT CAKE
- Stand mixer
- Cake pans
- 4 ½ c FLOUR WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
- 2 ¼ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- ½ tsp SALT
- 2 tbsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/3 cup MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 14 tbsp SHORTENING
- 1 ¼ c WATER
- 4 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- 1/3 c WATER
- 1 tbsp EXTRACT BLACK WALNUT
- 1 ¼ cup WALNUTS, BLACK, CHOPPED
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk into mixer bowl.
- Add shortening and water to dry ingredients; beat at low speed 1 minute until blended. Scrape down bowl; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs, water, and Black walnut. Add slowly to mixture while beating at low speed about 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into each sprayed and floured pan. Spray paper cups for cupcakes fill cups ⅔ to ¾ full.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cupcakes: Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until done
- Cool; frost if desired.