Yield 8 portion 1 ½ cup
2 ½ lb BEEF, GROUND, BULK, RAW, 90% LEAN
4 oz ONIONS, FRESH, CHOPPED
3 oz PEPPERS, GREEN, FRESH, CHOPPED
1 tsp SALT
¼ tsp PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
½ tsp GARLIC POWDER
15 oz CORN, CANNED, WHOLE KERNEL, INCL LIQUIDS
1 ¾ lbs POTATOES, FRESH, PEELED, CUBED
2 qts WATER
2 tsp SALT
3 tbsp MARGARINE, SOFTENED
¼ tsp PEPPER, WHITE, GROUND
1/3 c MILK, NONFAT, DRY
½ c WATER, WARM
- Cook beef with onions and peppers until beef loses its pink color, stirring to break apart. Drain or skim off excess fat.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
- Place beef mixture in 9 x 13-inch roasting pan.
- Spread corn with liquid on top of beef mixture in each pan.
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes. Spread mashed potatoes over beef mixture and corn in pan.
- 6 Using a convection oven, bake 20 minutes at 300 F. 20 minutes until potatoes are evenly browned.