Yield 2 ¼ cups
10 oz SUGAR, BROWN, PACKED
2 oz BUTTER
4 oz WATER
1Tbsp MILK, NONFAT, DRY
8 ½ oz SUGAR, POWDERED, SIFTED
½ tsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
- Combine brown sugar, butter, or margarine, and water. Heat to boiling; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; pour into mixer bowl.
- Sift together milk and powdered sugar; add slowly to cooked mixture while beating at low speed.
- Add vanilla; mix at medium speed 5 minutes or until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Pour and spread immediately on cool cakes