Yield 2 ½ cups
9 Tbsp BUTTER
5 ¼ oz SUGAR,BROWN,PACKED
¼ oz MILK,NONFAT,DRY
2 oz WATER
15 oz SUGAR,POWDERED,SIFTED
- Melt butter or margarine. Add brown sugar; mix thoroughly while mixing at low speed. Cook over low heat 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Combine milk and water. Add to butter mixture. Bring mixture to a boil; stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour into mixer bowl; cool 10 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar gradually while mixing at low speed. Mix 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.