Servings 2.5 cups
- Stand mixer
- Double boiler
- 9 Tbsp BUTTER
- 5 ¼ oz SUGAR BROWN, PACKED
- ¼ oz MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 2 oz WATER
- 15 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED
- Melt butter or margarine. Add brown sugar; mix thoroughly while mixing at low speed. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Combine milk and water, add to butter mixture. Bring mixture to a boil; stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour into mixer bowl; cool 10 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar gradually while mixing at low speed. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.