CHOCOLATE CHIP FUDGE FROSTING
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- measuring cup
- 9 oz CHOCOLATE COOKING CHIPS, SEMISWEET
- 2 oz BUTTER
- 1 lb SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED
- ½ oz MILK NONFAT, DRY
- Pinch SALT
- 3 ¾ oz WATER WARM
- Melt chocolate chips and butter or margarine over very low heat. Place in mixer bowl.
- Sift together powdered sugar, milk, and salt; add to chocolate mixture.
- Blend in just enough water to obtain spreading consistency. Mix at medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Spread immediately on cool cakes
Notes In Step 1, chocolate-flavored baking chips may be substituted for semi-sweet chocolate chips. For 9-inch, 2-layer cakes: Spread about 1-3/4 cups frosting per cake. For cupcakes: Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting on each cupcake.