COCONUT BUTTER CREME FROSTING
Yield 2 ¾ cups
- Stand mixer
- 5 oz BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1 lb 4 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED (5 cups unsifted)
- Pinch SALT
- 1 Tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 1 ½ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 3 Tbsp WATER
- 2 ¼ oz 3/4 cup COCONUT, PREPARED, SWEETENED FLAKES
- 1 ¼ oz 6 Tbsp COCONUT, PREPARED, SWEETENED FLAKES
- Cream butter or margarine in mixer bowl at medium speed 1 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together powdered sugar, salt, and milk; add to creamed butter or margarine.
- Add vanilla while mixing at low speed; add just enough water to obtain a spreading consistency. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and well blended. Fold in coconut.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes. Sprinkle additional coconut evenly over each frosted cake.