COCONUT PECAN FROSTING
- Double boiler
- ¾ c MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 1 c WATER WARM
- 5 oz BUTTER
- 1 EGG WHOLE
- 1 c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 4 oz PECANS CHOPPED
- 5 oz COCONUT PREPARED, SWEETENED FLAKES
- Reconstitute milk.
- Add butter, eggs, and sugar to milk, blend well.
- Cook mixture over low heat stirring constantly about 15 minutes until thickened and just begins to bubble around edge. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, nuts, and coconut. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Chill thoroughly, about 1 hour, before spreading on cooled cakes. Refrigerate cakes after frosting.