Yield 1 cup
8 oz SUGAR, POWDERED, SIFTED
1 ¼ oz SHORTENING
¾ oz WATER
1 tsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
- Cream sugar and shortening in mixer bowl 1 minute at low speed. Scrape down bowl; continue beating at medium speed 2
- Add water and vanilla slowly to creamed mixture while beating at low speed. Scrape down bowl; continue beating at medium speed until smooth.
- Additional water may be added to reach desired consistency.
- This icing may be used in a pastry bag for writing and all other decorative work for cakes.
- In Step 2, for a tinted frosting, a small amount of food coloring paste may be used.