Maple Butter Creme Frosting
Servings: 2.75 cups
- Stand mixer
- 5 oz BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1 lb 4 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED (5 cups unsifted)
- Pinch SALT
- 1 Tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 1 ½ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 2 ¼ tsp MAPLE EXTRACT
- 3 Tbsp WATER
- Cream butter or margarine in mixer bowl at medium speed 1 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together powdered sugar, salt, and milk; add to creamed butter or margarine.
- Add vanilla and maple extract while mixing at low speed; add just enough water to obtain a spreading consistency. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and well blended.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.
Notes Makes enough frosting to frost 24 cupcakes
Bites Of Better said:
what a great variety of frosting ideas you’ve got on your blog!