MOCHA BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
- Stand mixer
- 5 oz BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1 lb 4 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED (5 cups unsifted)
- Pinch SALT
- 1 oz COCOA
- 2 tsp ESPRESSO POWDER
- 3-4 Tbsp WATER COLD
- Cream butter or margarine in mixer bowl at medium speed 1 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together powdered sugar, salt, espresso, and cocoa; add to the creamed butter or margarine.
- Add water to obtain a spreading consistency. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and well blended.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.