Orange Butter Creme Frosting
Servings: 2.75 cups
- Stand mixer
- 5 oz BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1 lb 4 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED (5 cups unsifted)
- Pinch SALT
- 4 ½ tsp ORANGE PEEL FRESH, GRATED
- ¼ c JUICE ORANGE
- Cream butter or margarine in mixer bowl at medium speed 1 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together powdered sugar and salt; add to creamed butter or margarine.
- Add grated orange rind and orange juice while mixing at low speed to obtain a spreading consistency. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and well blended.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.