Chocolate butter creme frosting
Servings: 2.75 cups
- Stand mixer
- 5 oz BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1 lb 4 oz SUGAR POWDERED, SIFTED (5 cups unsifted)
- Pinch SALT
- 1 tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 3 oz 1 cup COCOA
- 1 ½ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 5 Tbsp WATER BOILING
- Cream butter or margarine in mixer bowl at medium speed 1 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together powdered sugar, salt, milk, and cocoa; add to creamed butter or margarine.
- Add vanilla while mixing at low speed; add just enough boiling water to obtain a spreading consistency. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and well blended.
- Spread immediately on cooled cakes.
Notes: Unsweetened cooking chocolate may be used. Melt 4 ounces chocolate at low heat. Cool. Reduce butter or margarine to 6 Tbsp. Add chocolate at end of Step 1.