Butter Pecan Ice Cream
A must-try ice cream recipe that combines creamy dairy with pecans that have been roasted in butter.
- Ice cream machine
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup milk whole
- 1 cup cream heavy whipping
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 180°C. Place pecans onto an oven tray (lined with baking paper) and cover with butter.
- Bake pecans until a shade darker then remove from oven, blitz in a processor, then place in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar to a bowl and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cream base to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions to churn. Once the ice cream is almost finished churning add pecans.
- Pour into an airtight container once churning is complete and freeze for at least 3 hours to harden.