Cookie Dough Ice Cream ~
- Ice Cream Maker
- Stand mixer
- 5 Tbsp butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips chopped
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. half and half
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- The first step is to heat-treat the flour. Pour flour into an oven safe dish and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until flour has reached a temperature above 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not overcook. Let cool.
- Mix butter and brown sugar together for the cookie dough until smooth. Add vanilla and mix well then add the flour and combine. Fold in chopped chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the fridge or freezer for a little bit and let it harden up a bit so it stays together when you mix it in the ice cream.
- For the ice cream in a large mixing bowl combine, heavy cream, half and half, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and prepare according to according to directions.
- In the last few minutes mix in the cookie dough by small teaspoons.
- Store in the freezer.