Fried Cabbage and Kielbasa
- frying pan
- 1 lb pre-cooked kielbasa sausage sliced into ½ -inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 small green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet. Add a splash of oil to the pan to the preheated pan and add the sliced kielbasa. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is nicely browned and heated through. Reserve the kielbasa to step 4.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan and add the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until it softens.
- Add the sliced cabbage and stir. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir well. Cook over low-medium heat for 10-25 minutes stirring every few minutes.
- Once the cabbage is cooked to your liking, add in the cooked kielbasa, stir, and cook for 2 minutes to heat everything through. Season with more salt, if desired, and freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot.