CHILI DOG SAUCE CONEY ISLAND
Servings: 1 8 to 10 hot dogs
- Frying Pan with lid
- 1 lb ground chuck hamburger
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ heaping teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a cold skillet mix hamburger and water together, break up into fine pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer 1to 1 ½ hours. stirring occasionally, add water if necessary to obtain desired thickness
- Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
Notes: Great addition to Hamburgers