- Stand mixer
- Rolling Pin
- digital scale
- 12 g YEAST INSTANT, DRY
- 297 g WATER COLD
- 56 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 3.5 g SALT
- 540 g FLOUR WHEAT, BREAD
- 10 g MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 63 g SHORTENING SOFTENED
- MILK AND WATER WASH
- Place flour, Instant Yeast, sugar, and NonFat Dry Milk (NFDM) in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed just enough to blend.
- Add water slowly.
- Using dough hook, knead at low/2nd speed, for 5 minutes or until all liquid is incorporated into flour. If dough is shaggy add water by Tablespoon until smooth and elastic. Wait one minute between adding water.
- Add melted shortening; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- Add salt; knead at low/2nd speed for 5 minutes.
- The dough temperature should be between 78 F. to 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover and set-in warm place, 70 - 80 F. until double in bulk.
- Divide dough into 12-80-gram balls. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into oblong pieces ¼-inch thick and 5 to 6 inches long. Beginning on long side roll dough tightly into a cylinder seal seams and ends.
- Place on greased sheet pans in a row ¼-inch separations between cylinders.
- Brush with Milk Wash,
- Proof at room temperature until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 F. convection oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown