- Mixing bowl
- Pastry knife
- 750 g FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 25 g MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 41 g BAKING POWDER
- 10 g SALT
- 85 g SHORTENING
- 550 g WATER
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Sift together flour, milk, baking powder, and salt into mixer bowl.
- Blend shortening into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add water; mix only enough to form a soft dough.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Drop biscuit dough by heaping tablespoon, 1 inch apart, on sprayed sheet pans in rows 6 by 9.
- bake at 450° F. for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Notes 1 For browner tops: In Step 1, add 25 g granulated sugar to dry ingredients.