SUBMARINE ROLLS HOAGIE TORPEDO
Servings: 10 rolls
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- Mixing bowl
- 19 g YEAST ACTIVE, DRY
- 100 g WATER WARM
- 402 g WATER COLD
- 40 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 10 g SALT
- 960 g BREAD FLOUR
- 25 g SHORTENING SOFTENED
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Sprinkle yeast over water. DO NOT USE TEMPERATURES ABOVE 110 F. Mix well. Let stand 5 minutes; stir. Set aside for use in Step 3.
- Place water, sugar, salt, and flour in mixer bowl.
- Mix at low speed 1 minute or until all flour is incorporated into liquid, using dough hook. Add yeast solution; mix at low speed 1 minute.
- Add shortening; mix at medium speed 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough temperature should be between 78 F. and 82 F.
- FERMENT: Cover. Set in warm place, 80 F. for 1-1/2 hours or until double in bulk.
- PUNCH: Fold sides into center. Turn dough over. Divide dough into approximately 3-pound pieces. Let rest about 10 minutes.
- MAKEUP: Divide ball into 10 4-1/2-ounce pieces; flatten. Roll up like jelly roll into 1-1/4x8-inch rolls. Lightly spray pans with non-stick cooking spray. Place 5 rolls about 2 inches apart on each sprayed 9 x 13-inch sheet pan.
- Prepare Cornstarch Wash, Brush on top and sides of each roll.
- PROOF: At 90 F. until double in size, about 40 minutes.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately brush with Cornstarch Wash. Cool on wire racks.