CINNAMON SWIRL RAISIN BREAD
Yield 2 loaves
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- mixing bowls
- proofing Bucket
- 840 g BREAD FLOUR
- 99 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 17 g SALT
- 14 g YEAST ACTIVE, DRY
- 474-503 g WATER WARM
- 60 g BUTTER UNSALTED, SOFTENED
- 2 EGGS WHOLE, FRESH
- 170 g RAISINS
- 7 g CINNAMON GROUND
- 113 g SUGAR BROWN, PACKED
- In a bowl add: Add 840 g flour, sugar, and yeast, until well mixed. Beat with Stand mixer on stir for 1 minute.
- With dough hook. Add 474 g water, mix well until a smooth batter is achieved. Add water, if necessary, by the tablespoon until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add butter, salt, knead on speed 2 to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead 8 - 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic and slightly tacky to the touch.
- Lightly grease large bowl with cooking spray.
- Place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover bowl loosely with damp towel and let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Grease bottoms and sides of two 9” x 5” loaf pans lightly with melted butter.
- Punch dough down to deflate.
- Divide dough in half.
- Grease 2 (10x5-inch) loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. Gently push fist into dough to deflate; divide in half. Roll each half into 18x10-inch rectangle.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, and the cinnamon; sprinkle each rectangle with half of sugar-cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle ½ the raisins over the cinnamon filling.
- a. Beginning at 9-inch side, roll up each rectangle. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Press each end with side of hand to seal, fold ends under loaf. Place loaves, seam sides down, in pans.
- Cover; let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 375°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until loaves are deep golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to cooling rack. Brush butter over loaves; cool.