HONEY WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
Yield: 4 loaves
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- mixing bowls
- proofing Bucket
- 28 grams instant yeast
- 126 grams honey
- 60 grams unsalted butter softened
- 28 grams kosher salt
- 880 grams tap water 100° F
- 700 grams whole wheat flour
- 700 grams bread flour*
- 84 g NFDM nonfat dry milk
- 14 g distilled vinegar
- Place yeast, flour, NFDM, in mixer bowl stir for 2 minutes to mix well with dough hook.
- Stir in wet ingredients, honey, vinegar mix for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in water until the dough holds together enough to clean the sides of the bowl.
- Mix on stir for 2 minutes. After the dough comes together increase speed to 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add butter knead for 5 minutes.
- Add salt knead for 5 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with shortening or cooking spray; place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover: let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Generously grease 4 (8 x 4 ½ inch) loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. Gently push fist into dough to deflate; divide in 600 g portions. Round into balls, seal cut edges, let dough bench rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into loaves; place in pans. Cover: with flour sack cloth, let rise in warm place until dough is 1 inch above rim of pan.
- BAKE: 35 to 40 minutes at 375 F. or 30 to 35 minutes in a 325 F. convection oven until bread is done
- Brush with melted butter. (optional)
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.