Yield 16 pieces
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- 360 g FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 340 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 45 g COCOA
- 5 g BAKING POWDER
- 5 g BAKING SODA
- 5 g SALT
- 60 g OIL SALAD
- 60 g BUTTER SOFTENED
- 25 g VINEGAR DISTILLED
- 7 g EXTRACT VANILLA
- 113 g COFFEE BLACK, HOT
- 263 g MILK WHOLE
- 5 EGGS WHOLE, FRESH
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK, BAKERS
- Preheat convection oven to 325°.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into mixer bowl.
- Add butter mix until incorporated.
- Combine salad oil, vinegar, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients while mixing at low speed 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, coffee while mixing at low speed 1 minute; scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, at medium-high speed between additions.
- Mix at medium speed 2 minutes or until ingredients are well blended.
- Lightly spray each 9- inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour ½ of the batter into each sprayed cake pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely in the pan(s) on a rack before turning out of the pans to frost.
- Cool; frost if desired.