PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Yield 2 9 x 13 sheet pan
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- 60 oz PINEAPPLE CANNED, SLICES, JUICE PACK, INCL LIQUIDS
- 113 g CHERRIES MARASCHINO, WHOLE
- 170 g BUTTER MELTED.
- 241 g SUGAR BROWN, PACKED
- 454 g FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 454 g SUGAR GRANULATED.
- 10 SALT
- 23 g BAKING POWDER
- 21 g MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 170 g SHORTENING
- 264. g WATER
- 5 EGGS WHOLE
- 88 g WATER
- 15 g EXTRACT VANILLA
- Drain pineapple well. Drain cherries. Set fruit aside for use in Step 3.
- Pour butter in pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices, over mixture in each pan. Place 1 cherry into each pineapple slice. Set aside for use in Step 5.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk into mixer bowl.
- Add shortening and water to dry ingredients; beat at low speed 1 minute until blended. Scrape down bowl; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs, water, and vanilla. Add slowly to mixture while beating at low speed about 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. 25-30 minutes until done.