Yield 2- 9 x 13 sheet cakes
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- 495 g FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 454 g SUGAR GRANULATED
- 11 g SALT
- 21 g BAKING POWDER
- 21 g MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 169 g SHORTENING
- 264 g WATER
- 5 EGGS LARGE,
- 88 g WATER
- 15 g EXTRACT VANILLA
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and NFDM milk into a bowl.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy beat at low speed 1 minute until blended. Scrape down bowl; continue beating for 3 minutes at med high speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Add slowly to shortening, sugar mixture while beating at low speed about 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla mixing on low speed 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture and 1/3 liquid, beating at low speed about 2 minutes. Alternate dry wet ingredients beat 3 minutes scrape down bowl between adding dry.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray dust with flour. Pour equal amounts of batter into each sprayed and floured pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool; frost if desired.