BACON CHEESE QUICHE
Portion 4-1/2 Ounces
- Stand mixer
- 1 lb BACON SLICED, RAW
- 2 cups CHEESE SWISS, SHREDDED
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- 1 2/3 cup FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 1 Tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- pinch SALT
- 1 1/2 tsp SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1/4 tsp BAKING SODA
- 2 Tbsp SHORTENING
- 1/4 cup MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 3 cups WATER WARM
- 6 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- 1/2 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- Slice the bacon slices crosswise into ½-inch pieces before cooking them in a skillet until nice and crisp. Drain the pieces well on paper towels.
- Lightly spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with pie crust. Combine bacon, onions, and cheese. Spread evenly over bottom of pan.
- Combine flour, milk, salt, sugar, and soda in mixer bowl.
- Cut in shortening or oil until evenly distributed and granular in appearance, about 1 minute.
- Reconstitute milk.
- Add eggs to milk, blend in garlic powder.
- Add egg-milk mixture gradually to flour mixture. Scrape down bowl; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter over bacon, cheese, and vegetable mixture in 9-inch pan. Stir gently.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325 F.; bake an additional 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes.
- One recipe 1 pie crust. Cover bottom of 9-inch pan with pie crust