BEEF POT ROAST
- 4 lb BEEF POT ROAST, RAW
- 1 ¾ C WATER BOILING
- 1 tsp SALT
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 1 C ONIONS FRESH, SLICED
- ¼ tsp GARLIC POWDER
- ¼ C FLOUR WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
- ¾ C WATER COLD
- 2 C RESERVED STOCK
- Place roasts in stock pot; brown on all sides; add water.
- Add salt, pepper, onions, and garlic. Cover. Simmer 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until tender. Remove scum as it rises to the surface during cooking. Remove cooked beef. Skim off excess fat from stock. Reserve stock for use in Step 4.
- Let roast stand 20 minutes; slice 1/8-inch thick.
- Combine flour and water, stirring until smooth; add to stock, stirring constantly. Cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Serve sauce with sliced meat.