COUNTRY STYLE STEAK
Yield 8 Portion 6-1/2 Ounces
- 3 ½ lbs BEEF SWISS STEAK, LEAN, RAW
- ¾ cup FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 2 tsp SALT
- 1 pinch PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 2 Tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- ¾ cup WATER
- 2 EGGS WHOLE
- 1 cup BREADCRUMBS
- 1 tsp SALT
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- ⅓ cup OIL CANOLA
- Dredge steaks in mixture of flour, salt, and pepper; shake off excess.
- Reconstitute milk; add eggs; blend thoroughly.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Dip steaks in egg and milk mixture; then in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Brown steaks 1-1/2 minutes on each side on 350 F. well-greased cast iron skillet.
- Overlap steaks in lightly greased roasting pans. Cover pan tightly.
- Using a convection oven, bake 1-1/2 hours at 325 F. or until steaks are tender.