SWISS STEAK WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- 3 lbs. BEEF SWISS STEAK, LEAN, RAW, THAWED
- 3 Tbsp OIL SALAD
- 1 c BEEF BROTH
- ½ tsp SALT
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- 1 Tbsp WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1 cup ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- 15 oz TOMATOES CANNED, DICED, INCL LIQUIDS
- 6 oz TOMATO PASTE CANNED
- ¼ cup FLOUR WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
- ¼ cup WATER
- Brown steaks on 325 F. well-greased cast iron skillet
- Overlap steaks in covered cast iron dutch oven.
- Prepare broth according to package directions.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onions, peppers, and tomatoes to stock. Stir well. Heat to boiling.
- Mix flour and water to make a smooth paste; add to sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over steaks in pan. Cover.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 2 hours or until tender. Skim off excess fat.
1. Crushed tomatoes can be used in place of canned diced tomatoes.