Yield 2-1/2 Cups
- Stand mixer
- 6 EGG WHITES
- 1 cup SUGAR GRANULATED
- Pinch SALT
- ¼ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- Using a whip, beat egg whites at high speed in mixer bowl until foamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar a little at a time; beat well at medium speed after each addition. Beat at high speed until stiff peaks are formed, about 6 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla; blend.
- Spread about 2-1/2 cups meringue over warm pie filling, about 122 F. in each pan. Meringue should touch inner edge of crust all around and completely cover top of pie. Leave meringue somewhat rough on top.
- Bake at 350 F. for 16 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.