PECAN PIE II
YIELD 3 9” PIES
- Stand mixer
- digital scale
- 3 PIE CRUST
- 15 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- 1 ¼ lb SUGAR GRANULATED
- 3 oz BUTTER MELTED
- 1 qt CORN SYRUP LIGHT
- 1 Tbsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 1 ¼ tsp SALT
- 10 oz PECANS CHOPPED
- PREPARE AND DIVIDE DOUGH: Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours. Divide dough into 3-7-1/2 oz pieces for bottom crust, place on lightly floured board.
- ROLL DOUGH: Sprinkle each piece of dough lightly with flour; flatten gently. Using a floured rolling pin, roll lightly with quick strokes from center out to edge in all directions. Form a circle 1-inch larger than pie pan and about 1/8 inch thick. Shift or turn dough occasionally to prevent sticking. If edges split, pinch cracks together.
- BOTTOM CRUST: Fold rolled dough in half; carefully place into ungreased pie pan with fold at center. Unfold and fit carefully into pie pan, being careful not to leave any air spaces between pan and dough.
- REMOVE EXCESS DOUGH: Trim overhanging edges of dough by using a knife or spatula.
- Place eggs in mixer bowl; add sugar gradually while beating at low speed. Add butter or margarine; mix thoroughly.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla, and salt; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Place 3/4 cup pecans into each unbaked pie shell.
- Pour 2-3/4 cups filling over pecans in each 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F. for 35 minutes or until filling is set. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.